Terms & Conditions:
Miles Jason Rice, subsequently referred to as “Seller”.
Dammstr. 35, D-39615 Seehausen (Altmark), Germany.
Further Definition and Interpretation:
- The customer/buyer who has agreed to buy the goods from the seller will be referred to as “Purchaser”.
- The term “Goods” represent the items manufactured and supplied to the purchaser by the seller.
- The seller will provide the purchaser with an invoice confirming the goods. This represents the “Confirmation of Order”.
- The acceptance in writing (via email or mail) of the confirmation of the order by the purchaser, in conjunction with these terms and conditions, represents the “Contract”.
- The seller´s website means www.rittergutandrunnymede.com.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Specific terms and conditions that contradict or expand these Terms & Conditions need to be accepted by the seller in writing in advance and are deemed void otherwise.
- The seller holds all title to and copyrights in the designs (as included in quotes, design works and represented on the seller´s website). These shall not be passed on or replicated without the seller´s consent.
The seller´s website may include links to other websites. The seller has no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
Pricing and Payment:
- All offers, including quotes and design works, are free of charge. Upon written agreement by the purchaser, these form part of the contract.
- The price payable is indicated as per the confirmation of the order.
- A deposit of 50% of the price payable is due when the order is placed. No work will begin prior to receiving the initial deposit. The estimated manufacturing time (as per the confirmation of order) will start upon the receipt of the initial deposit.
- The final 50% is due on completion of the order.
- The purchaser accepts the terms and conditions outlaid here upon payment of the initial deposit.
- Any order can be cancelled within 7 days of contract for a full refund of deposit. For later cancellations, no refunds can be provided on any deposits paid.
- All payments are to be made by cheque, bank transfer or Paypal.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days.
- Alterations and additions to the original order are subject to an additional cost and additional manufacturing time which needs to be agreed between the purchaser and the seller in writing. Otherwise, the goods will be manufactured as per the initial contract.
- The transport terms will be laid out by the seller in the confirmation of the order, including costs for delivery, where applicable.
- It is the purchaser´s responsibility to receive delivery on the agreed delivery date and to immediately inspect the delivery for any damages of packing and to notify the delivery company and the seller, providing photographs.
- Full inspection must occur within 48 hours of delivery and all freight claims must be filed within 72 hours. Photographs of any damaged packing materials will help resolve damage claims.
The Characteristics of Goods:
- All goods are manufactured from natural materials, mainly wood. Since each piece of wood is unique, natural markings and colouring will differ between the design, previously crafted pieces and the final good which is not considered a fault. The seller cannot guarantee any replication of colour or grain pattern from piece to piece.
- Natural wood is affected by moisture and temperature. Hot and dry climate can cause the wood to crack, whereas damp environment can cause swelling of the wood. Knots, cracks and movement (such due to adjustment to uneven surfaces) are not considered a fault.
- The seller provides guidance of good care with each good delivered. This covers the most common aspects of care for the goods. The seller does not accept liability for poor care not mentioned in the guidance provided.
- The goods will start to show signs of wear and tear over time. The seller will not be liable for these or any of the following: wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the seller´s instructions, misuse, alterations or repair of the goods without the seller´s prior written approval.
- The seller will not be liable for any defects, injury, loss or damage resulting from the purchaser´s negligence or arising from installation in an unsuitable environment, lack of maintenance, improper use, accidents, unauthorised alterations, faulty workmanship or negligence on the part of others.
- The seller will provide the price payable and delivery times to their best knowledge.
- The seller will not be liable for any delays or adjustments to design and price payable due to Force Majeure or any cause beyond the seller´s reasonable control, including but not limited to: (a) changes in rules and regulations, including VAT rates, embargoes and martial laws; (b) government action, riots, war, civil commotion; (c) shortages of labour, raw material, production and transportation facilities or other delays in transit; (d) fire, flood or other casualty or (e) other contingencies of manufacture or shipment.